Cupping for Professionals
Back Class -Level 1 and 2
Level 1 Cupping covers the introduction to cupping therapy, safety, contraindications, cleaning, maintaining and sanitizing of equipment, myofascial release with cupping, lymphatic drainage techniques, and adapting techniques to the condition being treated.
Level 2 Cupping covers techniques for treating the full body, including the extremities.
$250 per person, per level HST included
One set of cups included
Classes held at Pathways Healing
350 Speedvale Ave. W. Unit 11
*Level 1 and 2 must be completed before taking the supplemental classes*
- Cupping for Neck, Tension Headaches and TMJ
- Cupping for Hips, IT bands, etc
- Cupping for Feet, Achilles tendonitis, Plantar Fasciitis
- Cupping for Scar Tissue and Abdomen
Cupping for Professionals
These cupping massage courses were created for practitioners such as Registered Massage Therapists, Acupuncturists, Physiotherapists, Registered Nurses, Naturopathic Doctors, Personal Support Workers, Personal Trainers and other health care professionals and massage and body workers.
Cupping can be a deep tissue treatment or a more gentle treatment depending on the needs of the client. Cupping should never be painful, and these classes will teach you how to give a deep therapeutic treatment without causing the client undue discomfort.
Silicone cups will be used as they are easier to use, more comfortable to the client, more versatile and easiest to keep clean and sanitary. Dynamic movements, including massage techniques with the cups will be learned.
Cleaning, disinfecting and care of cups will be discussed, as well as how to search for and order supplies and materials.
A basic set of cups is inculded with the level 1 and 2 classes.
Some knowledge of anatomy and experience treating people in a clinical environment is necessary to participate.
Practitioners need to be able to offer cupping therapy to better serve clients and keep up with demand. Having this skill will help you to build your practice and keep clients coming back for more!
Plus, it is easy on the practitioner, so it will help you to extend your career – and keep you current in your field.
Here are the classes available:
- Level 1 – Back Cupping – Includes cupping for back, lymphatic drainage techniqes, fascial and adhesion release, etc.
- Level 2 – Full Body Cupping – Includes cupping for the neck, shoulders, upper chest, legs, arms, shoulders, feet and gluteals, athletic cupping
- Facial Cupping – Includes cupping for the face, neck, shoulders, upper chest, and cupping for sinus pain, TMJ, and headaches. Also includes facial gua sha
- Supplemental classes for specific body areas or conditions. Level 1 and 2 must be completed before participating in supplemental classes.
- History, safety, contraindications, and up-to-date cleaning and disnifection methods
- Cupping for detoxification, immune system enhancement and tight muscles
- Myofacial release with cupping
- Lymphatic drainage techniques
- A manual covering all of the techniques learned in class
- Detailed instruction from an experienced practitioner and teacher
- Methods of integrating cupping therapy with other practices
- Information on how to treat common conditions you will see in clinic
- A small group learning environment with lots of practice time.
- Marketing tips
- Information on how to select quality cups and where to buy cups and materials
- A professional listing on the resources section of this website
What students are saying about the Professional Cupping Classes!
“I had the opportunity of attending Bonnie’s class “cupping for professionals” this past weekend. Fantastic class! Bonnie is an incredible teacher she spends lots of time sharing information, giving you a step by step information booklet so all you have to do is listen her experience which she shares so freely.
She brought in some wonderful volunteers so we could all see, touch and ask questions both to Bonnie and the volunteer … then we were given plenty of time to give and receive a treatment … perfect amount of time for information laughs and munchies here and there … I’ve attend many classes in my years as a practitioner and by far this was one of the best … thank you so much Bonnie”
Lisa Loder, Registered Massage Therapist
“Just wanted to say a big big THANK YOU again for an amazing cupping class this weekend. Your kind heart and caring soul shines through and I am blessed to be taught by such an amazing and integrous woman. Keep shining!!!”
Kerri Bailey, Registered Massage Therapist
PLEASE NOTE: For our Workshops and Professsional classes, a spot in the class will not be held until full registration and payment is completed.
In the event that Pathways Healing cancels a class, full refunds will be issued.
NO PERFUMES, COLOGNES OR HEAVILY SCENTED PRODUCTS PLEASE